All the things you need to know about looking after the skin around your eyes. If it just so happens to be something you are bothered about.
- The skin around the eyes tends to be much drier due to less oil and sweat glads
- Compared with the rest of the face, the skin around the eyes is only one tenth of the thickness. This makes it much easier to damage.
- There is a thinner moisture barrier, it can be compromised much easier which can result in irritation around the eyes.
- You have more blood vessels around the eyes, this can lead to dark circles due to a combination of over dilation and tiredness.
Looking after your eyes is super easy
- Use gentle circular motions to remove eye make up.
- If using a cotton pad soak your lashes for a few minutes to allow mascara to sweep off.
- Gently pat eye cream in using your ring finger.
- Dot not drag or pull the skin.
- Use an eye cream twice a day.
- When picking your eye cream pick a texture that suits you, I prefer a lighter serum/gel texture. Others may prefer a cream.
Some eye products I would recommend…
I am currently using and loving…
Let me know in the comments if there is anything you would recommend.